Banamex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Banamex

Truth Ubique

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sahlen and Antonetti

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sahlen and Antonetti Empty Sahlen and Antonetti Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Al + Val

Al + Val
Admin
Admin

MexMo San Carlos
11/28/2008

Bobby and Leslie Sahlen
What happens when a 70's convicted drug addicted pedophile and a gay singer-songwriter hook up?
That’s what happened back in 1988, when shortly after leaving Seagoville Federal Prison near Dallas. Bobby Sahlen and Leslie Antonetti met through a personal ad in Curve
a weekly circular for gay and lesbian artists.
Bobby said “You get institutionalized man its hard on the outside after being locked up 23/7 for 12 years. I didn’t want to go anywhere, I hated people and crowds and if it hadn’t been for les I’d probably have gone back to pokey. I tried everything and in the end stole a 12 string and just sort of jammed for a dollar.” Then oneday I noticed the same guy dropping a coin or two it was love at first sight after that I made a point of saying thanks man and ended up having a coffee with leslie at a K. After we talked for a while we found we had a lot in common and both felt we didn’t belong. So cut cut it short I moved in with Les and we decided to busk around for a while and earn enough to move on. Then this guy dropped a card in my case and it was this record guy. So we went to see him and he gave us a sound test, it was the first time I ever bin in a studio gee man it was fantastic I just wanted to play with tham sliders and the dope and booze just kept flowing it was heaven. Then Leslie started to sing this song he new and I sort of rattled along with him. Next we now we’re on a CD. That was it man I was a start and I was gonna make lots of bread. I was working hard on it too but then I got arrested on sus and they found an ounce so Les and me decided to play man and wife and did a runner to Mexico. After living on the beaches and bumming around for a couple of years both Bobby and Leslie hit it rich, niether want to say where to money came from some said the stole it others said they befriended an old rich Gringo who was also hiding out in Mexico. After that a chain reaction happened that led them to San Carlos.
In the nineties Leslie used some of the questionable finances and decided to have sex change and after endured a unsuccessful breast implant he spent 3 months in a psychiatric hospital after trying to commit suicide. Leslie claims she suffers with brain clouds and during one of these episodes met God who told him to go and write songs and sing a concerts with many other misfits still surviving from the 60's. He called it his super groups and the early part of his new century others feel he just had too much weed and was looking for an excuse a way out of his troubled past. Finally, after "retiring" to San Carlos , Sonora, Mexico, Bobby and Sahlen and Leslie Antonetti entered into there ultimate con game and collaborated to be two "studio rats". In 1994 Bobby and Leslie formed Mex Mo San Carlos, in partnership with 60's superstar, Chris Montez, to promote some of the terrific talent they had found in San Carlos. Besides multiple CD releases of other artists, Bobby and Leslie recently released their first recorded project in more than 16 years, "Life's Much Better in Mexico.

MEX MO is a nonprofit foundation based in San Carlos and registered as a charity in Palo Alto, California. Established in 1994, serves to provide an efficient framework for the creation and administration of memorial funds.
If you have visited MEX MO looking for information about building a memorial or staging a concert, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help you create that you envision.
All of us at MEX MO welcome you to explore this sincere effort which started so small over a decade ago and is now a community that spans Mexico and the United States. We have done much, and we have much more to do. We look forward to the work that is ahead and the rewards to be reaped along the way.
On that note, a warm "thank-you" to all of our donors, performers, volunteers, and managers. Even as we grow, we remain tied to one another through this significant effort and vision

Bobby Sahlen
Leslie Antonetti

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum